I will be doing a mixed age program once a month and will be focusing on picture books that were made into movies. I want to use picture books because all the participants will listen to the book at the beginning of the program. That way there is no requirement to watch the film to participate in the program. If a word, phrase, or character comes up that they didn’t hear in the picture book, then it came from the movie.
There’s a great website to generate your own Bingo cards. Here are ready to print Jumanji Book Movie Bingo Cards.
Here’s a Power Point you can use to call out the Bingo words and phrases: Jumanji Book vs Movie
- Give each child a Bingo Card, a red crayon and a green crayon.
- Choose a category and number value in the Power Point presentation to reveal a word, phrase, or character. Have the children decide if it came from the book or movie.
- If the word, phrase, or character came from the book color the box red.
- If the word, phrase, or character came from the book color the box green.
- You can offer prizes for the first child who has an all red Bingo, an all green Bingo, and a “Blackout” Bingo (where every square is colored).