If you’re looking for an easy, last minute Easter craft here’s one! I did a special spring program for my preschoolers and they loved it!
I read Press Here by Herve Tullet and had all the children help me press, rub, shake, and clap along with me to make the magic happen. This also was a good springboard for ideas for families to take home and do with their children. Then, we got straight to the craft to leave plenty of time for dancing. You’ll need:
- Small cups
- Cheerios (not the best for sound, but non-toxic/no choking hazard)
- Plastic eggs
- Duct tape (there are so many cool kinds nowadays!)
- Electrical tape
- Spoons (2 per child)
- Stickers to decorate
- Scissors (for yourself while setting up)
- Pour the Cheerios in the cups. I made sure to be generous. Of course the little ones are going to have a snack while they’re working!
- Cut strips of duct tape and electrical tape. Stick them to the wall or edge of the table.
- Place spoons, eggs, Cheerios, and stickers on each table.
- Highlight your music collection for checkout!
Directions for families:
I taped directions all over the room, and gave parents a crash course before we got to work. I played music during the program so as children finished, they could dance around with their new instrument. I always have extra, so some children make extra for their siblings, cousins, or friends who they will be seeing for the holiday.