Thanks for coming to my workshop today. I hope you can use the hands-on ideas we worked on with your children! Here are some links you may find useful based on our conversations today:
- Mo Willems Club
- Geronimo Stilton Club
- Mercy Watson Club
- Books and Smores
- Rethinking Book Clubs for the School Age
- Thrive Thursday School Age Blog Hop
- Using Eventbrite for Children’ Programs
- Setting Goals for Your Children’s Department
- Be the Competition
- Using S.A.F.E. for After School Programs
- Setting Up a Bus Stop
- Summer Reading Book Share Collaborative Program
- Unattended Children’s Policy
Get Involved and Find Ideas
- Get school age ideas every month with the blog hop, Thrive Thursday. For you bloggers, check out the schedule here, the Pinterest board, and join in on the after school fun with the Facebook Group.
- Even more ideas in my book: After School Clubs for Kids
- “12 Months of Programs”: My school partner and I will be demonstrating some programs we’ve used on May 30 9 a.m.-noon: Connecticut State Library Program @ Middletown Library Service Center Meeting Room (Middletown, CT) We’ll be doing hands-on demonstrations of Book vs. Movie Programs, Battle of the Books, and our Press Here Story Mob.
- “Storytime Tools”: Online class beginning July 14 with ALSC (online worldwide!)
And of course feel free to email me if you have any questions you think of later! (lisamshaia at gmail dot com)
I hope to see you again!