I’ve done a series of successful Book vs. Movie programs with grades K-6. Here’s another one to celebrate the 75th anniverary of Madeline! Read the picture book Madeline aloud. That way there is no requirement to watch the film to participate in the program. If a word, phrase, or character comes up that they didn’t hear in the picture book, then it came from the movie.
Here’s the link of 35 ready to print unique cards:Madeline Bingo Cards
Here’s a Power Point you can use to call out the Bingo words and phrases: Madeline Books vs Movies
- Give each child a Bingo Card, a red crayon and a green crayon.
- Choose a category and number value in the Power Point presentation to reveal a word, phrase, or character. Have the children decide if it came from the book or movie.
- If the word, phrase, or character came from the book color the box red.
- If the word, phrase, or character came from the book color the box green.
- You can offer prizes for the first child who has an all red Bingo, an all green Bingo, and a “Blackout” Bingo (where every square is colored). You can also play T’s, U’s or X’s.