Ralph Cosentino’s superhero picture book series is amazing! I’ve used his stories in pre-K and early elementary classes and they’re a hit with all ages! I love them so much, I made flannel sets to accompany the stories (stay tuned for Superman and Wonder Woman):
Batman: The Story of the Dark Knight simplifies Bruce Wayne’s tale and includes a history of Bruce learning, working out, building the Batmobile and Wayne Manor, and of course his alter-ego.
My favorite part features the villains: Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Two-Face.
I paired this up with a craft: Batman Flying on Straw Craft
- Copy Batman onto white paper (two crafts per page).
- Find straws in two different diameters.
- Cut the smaller diameter straws into 3 inch lengths.
- Cap off one end of the straw with tape so there is no air flow.
- Tape the straw piece the back of Batman.
- Hand the craft to each child, and one straw in a bigger diameter.
- Insert the straw and blow to make Batman fly.