I’ve done a series of successful Book vs. Movie programs with grades K-6. Here’s another one: Read the picture book The Ant Bully to the children. That way there is no requirement to watch the film to participate in the program. If a word, phrase, or character comes up that they didn’t hear in the picture book, then it came from the movie.
There’s a great website to generate your own Bingo cards. Here’s the link of ready to print unique cards: Ant Bully Bingo Cards
Here’s a Power Point you can use to call out the Bingo words and phrases: Ant Bully Books vs Movies
- Give each child a Bingo Card, a red crayon and a green crayon.
- Choose a category and number value in the Power Point presentation to reveal a word, phrase, or character. Have the children decide if it came from the book or movie.
- If the word, phrase, or character came from the book color the box red.
- If the word, phrase, or character came from the book color the box green.
- You can offer prizes for the first child who has an all red Bingo, an all green Bingo, and a “Blackout” Bingo (where every square is colored).